There’s no way around it. Smoking is definitely the worst habit one can have. However, people would rather enjoy a cigarette instead of taking care of their health.
Moreover, people are not fully aware of the detrimental effects of smoking. However, if you are not concerned about the future, at least, focus on your present and try to live healthy.
Giving up smoking is the best decision in your life, as you will enjoy the health benefits of it almost instantly. In fact, in as little as 20 minutes, you will start to enjoy the benefits of your decision.
1. Your blood pressure levels will be normalized in the very first 20 minutes.
2. The carbon monoxide levels in the bloodstream will be reduced by half within 8 hours. Consequently, the oxygen levels will normalize.
3. Within 48 hours, nicotine will be fully eliminated from the body, and your senses of taste and smell will come back to normal. In addition, you will have reduced the risk of heart attack, too.
4. Within 72 hours, your experience an energy boost and your airways will be able to relax.
5. Your blood circulation will improve in 2 weeks, and it will continue at this pace in the next 10 days.
6. The capacity of your lungs will increase by 10 percent in 3-9 months. As a result, any respiratory issues, such as coughing and breathing problems, will start decreasing.
7. Your risk of heart attack will reduce by half in 1 year.
8. Your risk of stroke will be the same as non-smokers in 5 years.
9. Your risk of developing lung cancer will be the same as the one of the non-smokers in 10 years.
10. Finally, you will have the same risk of heart attack as non-smokers in 15 years.