A lot of people are unaware of the importance of having clean and healthy kidneys. In fact, a lot of diseases originate from the urinary system. Also, these organs are the ones responsible for removal of the toxins from the body and therefore you need to take good care of them.
Symptoms which show that you need a kidney cleansing and that your urinary system is misbalanced:
- Very high or very low blood pressure
- Pain in the upper or lower abdomen area
- Darkish urine
- Strong thirst
- Back pain
- Frequent urination during night time
- Urination of less than half a liter of urine per day
- Feeling of full bladder
- Ache during urination
- Swollen ankles during nighttime
- Swollen eyes in the morning
- Unexplained bruising or bleeding
Also, if you have problems with kidney stones, then it is high time to begin with the detoxification in order to revive your kidneys and improve their functioning.
How to avoid kidney misbalance?
Controlling your diet is crucial if you want to prevent increase in the amount of toxins in the body which eventually become part of the bloodstream and then it is impossible to remove them through urination.
- Avoid the formation of kidney stones or kidney failure by decreasing the amount of salt and processed products (frozen and breaded).
- Never exaggerate with the amount of dairy products, especially whole dairy products.
- Lower the amount of animal proteins from eggs and meat since if you consume big amounts of these products, the calcium in the urine increases and the possibility of formation of kidney stones is much higher, and also because they are full of uric acid.
- Avoid consuming alcohol or sweetened drinks since they eliminate the calcium faster.
- Try to keep up a vegetarian diet rich in natural ingredients. Consume natural fruits and vegetable juices.
- Intake a lot of foods with diuretic properties such as: grape, lemon, orange, grapefruit, celery, carrot, cucumber, apple, melon, watermelon, lettuce, plums, peaches.
- Try to drink a satisfying amount of water daily (2 liters in winter and 3 in summer) until the urine becomes lightly yellow. But, bear in mind not to exaggerate with the intake of water because there is an additional strain on the kidneys in such cases.
3 DAY DETOX PLAN
Firstly, during these three days you cannot consume coffee, alcohol, soda, salt and foods with a lot of proteins since they irritate the kidneys and prevent the bladder to remove all the harmful substances. Therefore, replace soda drinks for mineral water, meat for flax seed or sunflower seeds and almonds.
Begin the day with a blueberry juice that will lower the amount of calcium accumulated in the bladder. Moreover, these residuals cause sluggishness in the kidney functioning and the toxins are not properly removed from the body thus causing infections and kidney stones.
At mid morning drink one glass of potassium juice whose role is of a cleaning tonic and it will provide you the necessary energy during these 3 day cleansing. Moreover, you can make your own smoothie or juice with carrot, parsley, spinach or celery. Furthermore, you can drink a glass of liquid chlorophyll- green colored substance which gives the green color to plants and can be purchased at natural healthy food stores. Use green leafy vegetables such as cabbage, spinach or kale and blend them with water and lemon to make a natural juice which will have a positive effect on your body and it will improve the immune system and cleanse the blood.
You can eat what you want, but meat consumption is not recommended during these 3 days of detoxification or any kind of flour.
Between lunch and dinner, during the afternoon snack time, drink one cup of watermelon seed tea. This drink is rich in diuretic properties and it will activate the functioning of the bladder and kidneys. Also, your food digestion will be improved and removed before the night period.
Drink carrot juice to aid the urinary frequency or blueberry juice. Before you go to sleep, drink one cup of mint or dandelion tea since they cleanse the body and make the digestion quicker.
Another important aspect is to become physically active i.e. begin practicing some sport or perform some kind of physical activity during these 3 days. Moreover, you can go for a 30 minute walk to ease the functioning of the kidneys, as well as sauna which will help you get rid of the toxins through sweating. Another option is to take a warm bath at your own home and then cool off with lukewarm or cold shower.
Also, remember to stretch your body in the morning and evening. Proper stretching will activate you and you will be more energetic during the entire day.