People in America for intended purpose of oral hygiene use mouthwash. How can we be so sure that this is true? Well only in 2015 Listerine in the USA made more than $340 million. The numbers can approach 1$ billion if the brands are checked.
Menthol, eucalyptol, thymol and methyl salicylate are the active ingredients in all mouthwash. Their duty is to protect the mouth from plaque and gingivitis.
But we have used Listerine for mouthwash only in order to protect our teeth and mouth. After reading this article you will start using mouthwash for other purposes, and here are some of them:
1. Foot odor – it kills odor producing germs, which makes it excellent for this purpose. Soak your feet for 20 minutes into a mixture that is 1 part Listerine in 2 parts warm water.
2. Acne – Everyone hates acne and everyone wants a clean face. You can have it with Listerine because of its antiseptic properties. Dab the face with some Listerine.
3. Cough – If you can’t stop coughing just gargle Listerine 2 times daily. Besides coughing it can reduce the frequency and severity of colds also.
4. Lice – Just soak the lice-infested head in Listerine and gather the hair in a shower cap. Let it like that for 1 hour for the Listerine to act and afterwards rinse the hair with water. Now massage white vinegar into the scalp and again gather the hair in a shower cap. For another hour let it like that and afterwards wash it but now not only with water but with shampoo too. At the end use a lice comb.
5. Dandruff – a common problem that many people want to avoid. Luckily for you, you can do that with Listerine because of its antiseptic and anti-fungal properties. Make a mixture of ¼ cup of Listerine and 1 cup water and rinse your hair and scalp with that mixture.
6. Deodorant – To prevent the unpleasant smell coming from your underarm, you can soak a cotton ball in Listerine and to apply it on your underarm. You can even spray it.
7. Blisters – Until the blister disappears you should apply a cotton swab that was dipped in Listerine 3 times every day.
8. Toenail fungus – We already mentioned that Listerine has anti-fungal properties. For a few months you should soak your feet every few days in Listerine.
Source : www.yourhealthymag.com